Registration of Domain Name in Vietnam
Organizations and individuals may establish an electronic information page in accordance with the law and responsible management of site content and operation of their electronic information.
Organizations and individuals to use the national domain names in Vietnam. “.vn” When setting up an electronic information site without notice to the Ministry of Post and Telecommunications. Organizations and individuals to set up an electronic information pages do not use the national domain names in Vietnam. “.vn” must notify the network environment with the Ministry of Post and Telecommunications, the following information:
- A Power of Attorney; Legalization is not necessary (required at filing);
- A copy of the Certificate of Incorporation (required at filing).
- The name of domain name;
- Name of organization established in the decision, license, registration certificate or business license to open a representative office; personal name;
- Number, date and place of issuance of ID card or number, date and place of issuance of the individual;
- Address the organization’s headquarters or place of residence of individuals;
- Full contact details: billing contact, administrative contact, technical contact;
- The name of DNS Primary and its IP address, DNS Secondary and its IP address (if any);
- The name of web server or its IP address (if any).
Case Study 25: A cybersquatting case brought to Court for hearing in Vietnam