1. Each producer may register only one trade name for one active ingredient or plant protection drug material (technical drug).
2. A domestic or foreign organization or individual that produces an active ingredient or material (technical drug) may directly register one trade name for that active ingredient or material (technical drug) or authorize another organization or individual to do so.
3. An authorized organization or individual may register only one trade name for one active ingredient or material (technical drug) of any authorizer. The registering organization or individual may change the producer upon request or transfer the registered trade name. After the transfer, the registering unit and the unit that is transferred the right to registration may not register the active ingredient of the same type for another trade name. The change of producers or transfer of registered trade names is subject to approval by the Plant Protection Department and to relevant legal procedures.
4. When use purposes are changed, another trade name may be registered for one use purpose.
5. For drugs of chemical origin for which registration is applied for the first time for epidemic prevention and control (except for herbicides for fruit trees and tea), for regulation of the growth of fruit trees after the period of fructification, tea and vegetable or for post-harvest preservation of farm produce, tests must be conducted in order to re-determine the isolation duration in Vietnam. The duration of conducting these tests must not exceed the duration of conducting tests of the bio-effect of the drugs and these tests shall be carried out under the Agriculture and Rural Development Ministry’s regulations on testing of plant protection drugs for registration in Vietnam.
6. Drugs of chemical origin with active ingredients of group-III or -IV toxicity as prescribed in Sections 1 and 9, Appendix 7 to this Regulation or with active ingredients not belonging to the organic chlorine group and having the isolation duration of at most seven days in Vietnam or the results of bio-effect tests in Vietnam satisfying the prescribed requirements may be registered for use for epidemic control, regulation of the growth of fruit trees after the period of fructification, tea or vegetable, or for post-harvest preservation of farm produce.
7. For drugs which have been separately registered for prevention of the same epidemic, their mixture for use may be recommended, but such mixture must not bear a separate name unless the approval of the Agriculture and Rural Development Ministry is obtained.